>
 
 

Welcome to the North Toronto Historical Society's Home Page




 

 The North Toronto Historical Society is a volunteer organization which was established in 1975 as the Central Eglinton Historical Society. Its goal is to preserve the history of the area formerly known as the Town of North Toronto. The Town of North Toronto was formed in 1890 from the unincorporated villages of Davisville and Eglinton. The village of Bedford Park joined in 1892. The Town existed until 1912 when it was annexed by the City of Toronto. The Town had its own schools, waterworks and police service.
 
 
 

Current Meeting Schedule

Click here to view the current meeting schedule.
 

 


Fall Walking Tour - The Top of North Toronto
    Sunday, October 20, 2013
  

The weather god smiled as we set out from Fairlawn Avenue United Church and headed up a lane past a worker's house from Alfred St. Germain's estate. At the former City Limits, we crossed to the east side of Yonge and proceeded to the Rosedale Golf Club. On Teddington Park Avenue, we viewed a number of houses, including the former mansion of Steve Stavro who owned the Toronto Maple Leafs and Knob Hill Farms.

Some Activities

Publications

Public Meetings

Memberships

    A tax receipt will be issued for donations of $10 or more (in addition to the fee).

For More Information

   North Toronto Historical Society
   129 Blythwood Road
   Toronto, Ontario   M4N 1A5

Interesting Links

          Tim Morawetz's Art Deco Website

Heritage Toronto

Toronto Public Library

Images Canada

Toronto's Inventory of Heritage Properties

City of Toronto Archives

Marta O'Brien's Walking Tours

Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries 

ERA Architects Inc.

Archaeological Services Inc.

The Carlu

Etobicoke Historical Society

York Pioneers





 
 
 


 
 


.